2. We had several small plastic buckets that the sufferers kept in arm's reach.
3. I had a cache of ginger-ale for just such an occasion. I did go down to the corner store and get Gatorade (and added it to my grocery list to keep for later; because the stomach flu always finds you later).
4. There were warm rice bags for hurting tummies and cold feet. I had, on a whim, made this rice-bag heart a few days before. I had been planning to show it to you on Valentine's Day for a cute heart post.
|the other side|
|I am so happy with how this patchwork turned out. I love to look at it.|
5. When the sufferers were climbing out of their pit, I served them warm jasmine rice with salt in a ramekin with a tiny spoon. Then a little applesauce. Then an inch of banana. And later, homemade chicken stock with kluski noodles and thyme.
6. My husband threw away toothbrushes and washed handles, lightswitches, and bathroom with assiduous care.
It was, surprisingly, a peaceful weekend. Or maybe that was because all our social plans were cancelled. I had been disappointed to miss the northeastern snowstorm, but it turns out we were housebound by the stomach flu. Pin It